Sparkling Blackberry Sorbet Recipe
Yield: Approximately 2 ½ cups
Cook time: 15 minutes
Inactive chill and freeze time: 3 hours
Ingredients for the Syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
1 bottle of Blackberry Sparkling ICE (chilled)
2 (6oz.) packages of fresh blackberries
Ingredients for the Puree
1 cup sparkling ice blackberry (chilled)
1/3 cup cold water
1. Place 2 cups of Sparkling ICE, sugar, and blackberries in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let the syrup sit until it becomes room temperature.
3. Pour the syrup into an airtight container and place in the refrigerator until chilled (Approximately 30 – 60 minutes).
4. After the syrup has cooled scoop out the fresh blackberries from the syrup and combine with 1/3 cup of cold water in a blender. (Reserve the leftover syrup, this will be used next). Pulse the berries and water together to make a puree. This should take approximately 30 - 60 seconds.
5. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds, and then return the puree to the syrup and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Add the remaining cup of Blackberry Sparkling ICE to the mixture for some extra fizz, and the sorbet base is ready.
7. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer instructions.