Welcome To The Shakin 'N Bakin Blog!
Welcome to my blog! I love to cook and bake for my family. I hope you enjoy the recipes, foodie reviews, foodie giveaways and cooking tips posted on my blog.
How to Print Recipes: You can print out each individual recipe featured on this blog by clicking the "share" button at the bottom of each post. It will open up to show you options, click on print and another window will open up with the recipe inside it for printing. You can also use the SHARE button to email a copy of the recipe to yourself for printing later.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Abuelita Sugar Skull Cookies Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 13 mins
Standing Time: 20 mins
· 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
· 2 tablets (90 grams each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate
· 2/3 cup granulated sugar
· 1 large egg
· 4 individual boxes WONKA SweeTARTS Skulls N' Bones (found in WONKA Monster Treats assorted candy bag)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
3. Place butter and Abuelita chocolate in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until completely melted and smooth; let cool for 10 minutes.
4. Beat Abuelita mixture and sugar in large mixer bowl. Add egg; beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended.
5. Shape rounded tablespoon of dough into ball. Flatten ball into a disk and shape into a skull by pinching sides of bottom quarter of dough. Repeat with remaining dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until golden around edges. Immediately press Skulls N’ Bones onto cookies to form eyes and mouth. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.