Soy protein is a high‐quality, plant‐based protein derived from soybeans:
· Soy protein supports healthy growth and development.
· Because of its ability to impact satiety, soy protein can help in managing a healthy weight in children.
· Soy protein is a healthy alternative for children with milk, egg or peanut allergies.
· Incorporating high-quality proteins, such as soy protein, into children’s diets supports immune health.
I have a 4 1/2 year old grand daughter who eats pretty healthy here at home. However, some of the things they serve to the kids at her preschool concern me...especially some of the snacks and beverages. Because of this, I have gotten into the habit of packing most of her lunches and her snacks for school.
The company sent me several products to try out for all of you. For the purpose of this review, I made the Princess share all of her goodies with me, so that I could adequately write about them. Here is what we received for the review.
1. Hasselbeck's Nogii Kids Bar in the chocolate chip flavor. This bar contains no gluten, no nuts, no dairy and is all natural. These bars are packed with yummy goodness and are a great source of fiber and Omega 3's. Each 1.39 oz. bar contains 150 calories with 40 fat calories. These are chewy and not rock hard like other brands we have tried in the past. They are also very appealing to look at too! Regarding taste, we loved them! They had a great chewy texture and with the addition of the chocolate they were slightly sweet but not overly sweet. Definitely a great alternative to an unhealthy chocolate candy bar!
2. A3 Honey Graham Smore's Bar is another great choice! This bar is made with Manuka honey which gives it that sweet taste that we all love and crave. Each 1 oz. bar contains 110 calories with 30 fat calories. These snacks are gluten free but they are made with soy & egg if you have any allergies to those. This bar also had a great flavor to it with a chewy texture. While we both really enjoyed sharing this bar...we did enjoy the first one better. Just remember, we all have different taste buds!
|Morning Star Farms Veggie Burgers|
Even if you don't want to go completely onto a more healthier diet...you can make small substitutions with the three products that I got to review. Toss out those bags of chips and candy bars and substitute those with the A3 and Nogii Kids Bars. The Morning Star Farms Veggie Burgers is something the entire family can enjoy. We give all three of these products a big two-thumbs up!
|Prize Pack Photo|
Giveaway Details: This giveaway is open to residents of the USA ONLY who are age 18 and over. Please read the Terms of Service and Disclaimer Policy before entering. You must be a PUBLIC FOLLOWER of this Blog to have your entries count in my giveaways. (Follow via Google Friend Connect) All non-blog followers will have their entries disqualified after the giveaway closes. This giveaway will close on December 10th, 2013 at midnight EST time.
Disclosure: “The products, information and two gift packs have been provided by DuPont Nutrition and Health.”
Disclaimer: Shelly Hill has personally reviewed the product listed above. Shelly has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Shelly did receive a free product to try out so she could evaluate and use it for her review. Her thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ. The Shakin N Bakin Blog is not responsible for delivery/shipping of giveaway items won from this blog nor are we responsible for mis-use or injury caused by items won from this Blog. Content on this blog is copyrighted, all rights reserved. We reserve the right to legally pursue anyone who violates our rights and/or steals our copyrighted material.