My family loves Mexican cuisine and we probably eat Mexican at least twice a week. Often times we get bored with preparing the same old recipes so I was pretty excited when this recipe landed in my email box and I was asked to share it with my foodie blog readers.
Cinco de Mayo commemorates the Mexican army’s victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War, and has evolved into a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage. Celebrations in the United States often extend beyond the actual day to encompass an entire week, with parades, festivals and fiestas that include music, dancing, and food.
A dish like Mango Chicken Quesadillias takes the very traditional Mexican dish but combines shredded chicken with brown mustard, honey and Tabasco creating a flavorful filling and adding mango for a sweet twist. By preparing the meal on the IMUSA Cast Aluminum Comal the food is made healthier and the non-stick surface leaves clean up a breeze. Bringing a vigorous, home-style aroma to the party, this traditional Mexican dish will smells as delicious as it tastes.
· brown mustard 3 tablespoons
· honey 2 tablespoons
· Tabasco or hot sauce 3 teaspoons
· salt 1 teaspoon
· Whole rotisserie chicken 1
· mozzarella 1 cup
· small red onion 1
· bunch cilantro 2.1
· ripened mango 1
· 8-10 inch flour tortillas
· non-stick spray
· sour cream, optional
1. Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl and mix with shredded chicken.
2. Heat a large IMUSA cast aluminum Comal on medium heat and spray lightly with some non-stick spray.
3. Add flour tortilla and spray top side with more non-stick spray.
4. After a minute, flip the tortilla and evenly spread ½ cup of cheese.
5. Then spread on half of the tortilla some chicken mixture, onions, cilantro, and mango.
6. Fold over tortilla, like a book, and allow cheese to melt completely. Cut into 4 wedges and serve with sour cream, if desired.
Disclosure: This recipe and photo is courtesy of IMUSA.