When we typically think of veggie burgers...you think of the ones you can purchase pre-made in the frozen aisle at your local grocery store. However, it is MUCH better if you make your own veggie burgers at home. Here is a great recipe courtesy of our friends over at eMeals. This recipe will make 4-6 servings.
• 1 ½ c cooked brown rice
• 8 oz pkg baby Bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 1 c matchstick carrots
• 2 med yellow squash, thinly sliced
• 2 med zucchini, thinly sliced
• 1 med onion, finely chopped
• 1 c panko breadcrumbs
• 1 t Italian seasoning
• 1 t salt
• ½ t pepper
• 1 egg
• 6 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
• 4 whole wheat sandwich thins, toasted
• 1 c alfalfa sprouts
• 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. Cook rice ahead of time. Set aside.
2. Combine mushrooms, carrots, squash, zucchini and onion in pan.
3. Add water to cover; bring to a boil over med-high heat; boil 8 - 10 min, or til tender.
5. *Place in the refrigerator and allow cooling.
6. Squeeze dry.
To Print: You can print out this recipe by clicking on the SHARE button located at the bottom of this post. A new window will open, click on PRINT and the recipe will load in for quick printing.