Hubby and I planted a dozen cherry tomato plants in our garden this year and all of them are doing beautifully. In about 2 weeks, we will be enjoying our first harvest of the season! We love to toss them onto our salads but never thought about using them on a vegetable skewer until eMeals shared this recipe with us. Today, I am sharing it with all of you and with July 4th coming up, this would be fabulous for your backyard barbecue!
Grilled Okra & Tomato Skewers Recipe
• ½ pound okra pods, trimmed
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
• Pinch sugar
• 1 garlic clove, minced
1. Thread okra and cherry tomatoes alternatively on metal skewers.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and brush evenly on vegetables.
3. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray and grill uncovered over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
To Print: Click on the SHARE button located at the bottom of this post. A new window will open. Click on PRINT and the recipe will load into the window for printing. Enjoy!