We love doughnuts here in our home and if we are not making them, we are visiting our local doughnut shop and buying them! We love them plain, with sprinkles, icing, filled with creaming filling and all kinds of different ways! Recently we were sent this recipe to make homemade strawberry doughnuts and wanted to share it with all of you.
Strawberry Doughnuts Recipe
4 large eggs, room temperature
3 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup coconut milk
1/3 cup agave
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
4 strawberries, minced
1-2 teaspoons coconut milk
1 cups confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree and grease the doughnut with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Using a stand mixer, beat eggs, butter, milk, honey, vinegar and vanilla on medium-high speed until creamy.
3. Add coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Beat on high until smooth.
4. Scoop the batter into a large ziploc bag, seal the top, and snip one of the bottom corners.
5. Pipe the batter into the doughnut mold, filling it completely.
6. Bake for 17 minutes. Remove the doughnuts and cool on a wire rack.
7. When cooled dip doughnuts into strawberry glaze (directions below).
For the glaze:
8. Mix confectioners’ sugar and 1 teaspoon of coconut milk in a small bowl. Add remaining teaspoon of coconut milk if it’s too thick. Stir in minced strawberries
Disclosure: The photo and recipe is courtesy of The Juice.