Simple flatbread wraps are transformed into crispy pizza crusts then topped with tangy marinara, cheese, and your favorite toppings and paired with a fresh, green salad.
Fitness icon Denise Austin is introducing an all-new, 10-week health and fitness plan that will give people the tools they need to achieve their goals. Denise Austin’s 10 Week, 360° Plan will combine everything Austin knows about exercise, nutrition and motivation in one place for the first time ever through all-new video content. Check out the web site to learn more!
2 tsp. olive oil
1 link turkey or chicken sausage
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups baby spinach
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 whole-grain wraps or tortillas (use gluten-free wrap if following a gluten-free diet)
1/4 cup jarred marinara or pizza sauce
1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded reduced-fat cheese (or 2 oz. goat cheese)
4 cups mixed greens (or any preferred salad greens)
2 Tbsp. Denise's Everyday Dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
3. Crumble the sausage into the skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. (If using fully-cooked sausage, slice the sausage into rounds and cook until heated and slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.) Transfer the sausage to a plate and return the skillet to the heat.
4. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the pepper and red pepper flakes.
5. Lay both wraps on a large baking sheet. Spread the marinara or pizza sauce evenly over the wraps. Divide the sautéed veggie mixture and the cooked sausage evenly between the two pizzas.
6. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 8 minutes, or until the wraps start to get crisp.
7. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the two pizzas and bake for another 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
8. To serve, place each pizza on a serving plate. Serve each pizza with 2 cups greens drizzled with 1 Tbsp. dressing.