* 2001: Scott Mandell co-founds Enjoy Life after forming the business plan in 2000
* 2002: Enjoy Life launches with 12 bakery items
* 2005: Enjoy Life rebrands with a new logo, new products and begins to offer their products in Canada.
* 2006: Enjoy Life Foods is the first gluten-free company to receive non-GMO status for 100% of its products
* 2012: Enjoy Life launches Plentils® line of salty snacks and a line of “Grab & Go” products.
* 2014: Enjoy Life offers 41 different allergy-friendly products, including cookies, cereal, snack bars, seed and fruit mixes, baking chocolate, chocolate bars and snack chips.
For more information about Enjoy Life Foods and their team, visit enjoylifefoods.com/meet-us/.
From ancient times to the present, the lentil has been one of the best sources of plant-based protein and is a staple in diets throughout the world. Enjoy Life has captured the essence of this vital legume’s all-natural goodness and turned it into a unique, protein-packed, crunchy experience. The Plentils are protein-filled lentils for a better-for-you alternative to traditional chips with 40 percent less fat. Like all Enjoy Life Foods products, Plentils are allergy-friendly and free from the eight most common food allergens. All Plentils are free from the following ingredients: gluten, wheat, dairy, peanut, tree nut, egg, soy, fish, shellfish, casein, sesame and sulfites. Plentils are sold all over the U.S. and can be found in grocery stores such as Giant, Target, Wegmans, etc.
For chips that are allergy-friendly and free from the eight most common food allergens, I was pleasantly surprised by their taste. I was afraid that they would taste like cardboard, but they aren’t that bad. They have a lot of flavor, especially if you shake the bag before eating. I was lucky to have the opportunity to try all four flavors: light sea salt, margherita pizza, dill & sour cream, and garlic & parmesan. My favorite, by far, is the garlic & parmesan, because I feel they have the most flavors. What I like the most about these chips is that Enjoy Life Foods offer many different recipes to use with their products such as Dark Chocolate Covered Plentils or Creamy Avocado-Dill Dip. If you’re looking for a healthier snack alternative, than check out your grocery store and give Enjoy Life Food’s Plentils a try.
Disclosure: Sara M. has personally reviewed the products listed in this post. No monetary compensation was received. Sara's thoughts, opinions and ideas are her own. Your's may differ.