Welcome To The Shakin 'N Bakin Blog!
Welcome to my blog! I love to cook and bake for my family. I hope you enjoy the recipes, foodie reviews, foodie giveaways and cooking tips posted on my blog.
How to Print Recipes: You can print out each individual recipe featured on this blog by clicking the "share" button at the bottom of each post. It will open up to show you options, click on print and another window will open up with the recipe inside it for printing. You can also use the SHARE button to email a copy of the recipe to yourself for printing later.
Thursday, July 28, 2016
Looking for a light way to liven up your summer recipes? MELT Organic’s all-natural butter substitutes help maintain your healthy lifestyle without sacrificing taste. Made with fair trade virgin coconut oil and other dairy-free, plant-based ingredients, MELT products were created for butter enthusiasts seeking a nutritious alternative. The line is certified USDA organic, Non-GMO Project Verified and free of trans fat, gluten, dairy and soy.
Homemade Caramel Popcorn Recipe
1 cup packed, dark brown sugar
½ cup sugar
⅛ cup water
⅓ cup Rich & Creamy MELT® Organic Buttery Spread
1 tablespoon light molasses
1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
12 cups popcorn, air-popped and unsalted
1. Preheat oven to 250°. Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugars, water, MELT® and molasses in a medium saucepan. Boil over medium heat. Once boiling, cook for 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat.
3. Add the vanilla, baking soda and salt, stirring to mix.
4. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat.
5. Spread the popcorn in a single layer in your jelly roll pan and bake for 45 minutes, turning the popcorn every 15 minutes so it does not burn.
6. Remove from the oven and break up clumps. Let cool 15 minutes and enjoy!