Welcome To The Shakin 'N Bakin Blog!
Welcome to my blog! I love to cook and bake for my family. I hope you enjoy the recipes, foodie reviews, foodie giveaways and cooking tips posted on my blog.
How to Print Recipes: You can print out each individual recipe featured on this blog by clicking the "share" button at the bottom of each post. It will open up to show you options, click on print and another window will open up with the recipe inside it for printing. You can also use the SHARE button to email a copy of the recipe to yourself for printing later.
Sunday, November 13, 2016
Polenta-Crusted Fish Tacos with Slaw Recipe
2 to 3 pieces of tilapia
¾ cups polenta (or fine cornmeal)
1 teaspoon paprika
cilantro and sliced radishes for garnish
4 to 6 corn tortillas
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce, like Tabasco
1 teaspoonlime juice
1 pinch of salt
1 cup cabbage
1 mango, ripened but hard
1. Make slaw by mixing the first five ingredients until smooth and then mixing it with the cabbage and mango. Set aside.
2. Mix paprika and polenta together in a shallow bowl.
3. Season tilapia strips with salt and press into polenta, making sure it's completely covered. Discard excess polenta.
4. Heat 1-2 Tblsp. of olive oil in your IMUSA non-stick sauté pan and once it begins to smoke, add the tilapia. Fry the tilapia in batches, about 2-3 minutes per side, until slightly browned and fully cooked. Remove onto a paper-towel lined dish.
5. Heat corn tortillas in the IMUSA tortilla warmer and serve fish tacos.
6. Assemble by placing some slaw in the center of the tortilla and one or two slices of tilapia on top. Top with cilantro leaves and radish.